Thursday, May 14, 2020

THE RICH INNER LIVES

While out having a tea-time smoke yesterday I was pleased to note that there are people more dysfunctional than myself. Which is always good news. An aged gentleman at the bus stop was singing, badly, but loud enough that nearby buildings could probably hear him even in the back. At the corner, a local eccentric was sitting on the pavement attempting to twirl. While seated. And Frank Chu, of twelve galaxies fame, came down the street with his sign.

Bolton
12 Galaxies
Guiltied to a
Testpromenical
Rocket Society

That's not what it actually said, but an older version. His sign is more text-rich than ever, and the number of criminal galaxies has increased. His message never gets stale, and I'm glad to see he's still around.

He and the other two aren't shy. Which is good, I suppose, but keep in mind that shy people are not by any means uncertain about themselves. They just aren't enthusiastic about sharing whatever it is that makes them tick.
What they're uncertain about is other people.
Probably you.

Please note that very few readers of this blog know who I am, or have actually met me in person. And I would not describe myself as 'shy', just rather unsocial. A private person.



And fairly certain of myself.

I'm probably more forgiving now than I was when I was still a youngster, and also less likely to bear grudges. More understanding.
Just grumpier. A lot grumpier.



Tea time snack: hot buttered toast with marmalade.
Plus whole wheat crackers and cheese.
Addictive, yet balanced.




==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

1 comment:

idiomatically amphibious said...

"Nearby buildings could hear him".
The walls have ears.

Search This Blog

PLANS. I HAVE PLANS!

It takes about five hours for the twitchy ache in my lower legs from the amlodipine besylate to diminish sufficiently that I can sleep. I ti...