Thursday, May 14, 2020

CODDLING MY BRUTISH NATURE

Today I went in to work, as sort of a test run for a partial resumption of normalcy. Severely limited normalcy. Subnormalcy. Basically, light at the end of the tunnel in a manner of speaking. The good thing about that was that for the first time in several weeks I smoked my pipe indoors. Another good thing was what I smoked. A new product that has raised quite a stink among the brotherhood, but which would probably drive even strong timorous virgins to drink.

So it was a very good and smelly day.



Certainly my apartment mate would have screamed bloody murder if I had smoked that product indoors, what with her being a non-smoker who is less than enthusiastic about the noble weed that founded this nation AND helped the nefarious Ottoman pay off his extortionate loans from French bankers over a hundred years ago. Empire, boys! A very nice blend of Virginias, Oriental leaf, and Latakia.

G.L.Pease Spark Plug Pipe Tobacco
Image "borrowed" from Greg Pease

A pipe tobacco for stinky old farts of any age, guaranteed to offend refined young ladies like your lovely wife, if you're married.
Which I am, alas, not. This stuff is sexy.


SPARK PLUG by G. L. PEASE

Rich, velvety, silken to the tongue. The Latakia has been tamed by the pressing (and some heat may have been involved), and has reached a stage perfectly in between being rendered perfumy, and still retaining its resinous sootiness. This is bold yet beautiful. Full English, but not an uncontrolled over-the-top Lat bomb.
Balanced. Smooth.

In the container which I opened today were two blocks of pressed tobacco, variegated, elegant striations, good to the nose. After hacking off a bit it rubs out easily, and can be smoked at the moisture level it had when coming out of the can, or dried a bit if you choose.

It may have started off as a full mixture, but the pressing (and possible heat treatment) have made this a very nice product indeed, suitable for enjoying while swilling buckets of tea. As indeed I did.

I may have smoked too much today.
Too much tea, too.




TOBACCO INDEX


==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

A LACK OF PROPELLANT

Rereading my old posts reminds me that I used to be immoderate. And at times over the top. I've calmed down and grown up since then. Now...