Tuesday, May 26, 2020

THE DEVICE IS AT HOME

Lunch (breakfast) was an egg custard tart (蛋撻 'daan taat') and a pork floss bun (肉鬆包 'yiuk sung baau') from Double A (永興餅家 'wing hing bing kaa') on Stockton Street (市德頓街 'si dak deun kai'). I also gave a box of egg custard tarts to my landlady, because getting down to Chinatown is not a daily occurence anymore.

Today I had to be there because after MCI's total pigs breakfast the other day, I'm switching from a landline to a cellular device. New phone number, something easy to hold, the bright young salesman who set me up showed me how to use the thing (好簡單), goodbye MCI. They still haven't e-mailed me back, and the landline still sounds like crap. So when I call them to nix further "service", it will be using the cellphone.
New phone service is by Cricket.
Easily pedestrianable.


Normally when I go to Chinatown, I smoke my pipe in the alleyways there, because Cantonese people are far less bitchy about tobacco than the average San Francisco white person.


The pipe in the picture is one of two I associate with a particular alleyway, and giant friendly spiders running a Vegan bakery. It's a fairy tale, of course. Because Vegans aren't friendly, and spiders don't bake. There actually is a bakery near the alley in question, but they are closed today, and possibly for the foreseeable future.

I had loaded it up to smoke, but it's a sunny day, I was overloaded, and wearing a jacket (totally unnecessary), and the egg tarts were still warm.
So I headed back, and scarfed down the pork floss bun upon my return.


全國無限制通話

The new phone gives me unlimited nationwide calling.

Nice, but who the hell am I going to call in the Panhandle or the Ozarks?


Time to have a walk and enjoy my long-anticipated smoke.

If you need me, please call.

Leave a message.



TOBACCO INDEX


==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

IN TUNE WITH WILD LIFE

That noise outside while I was drifting awake? Turned out to be the streetsweeping vehicle. Not actually an owl. But it had sounded ike an o...