Thursday, May 07, 2020

PRESENTLY UNTOUCHED

A friend on Facebook posted about how he nowadays wears a mask out of consideration for others, which made all the exemplary points that you would expect it to. And that is what many of us are doing, for the same reasons. But after reading what he said, I realized that the only human contact I've had in the past eight weeks, really, is touching myself.

No, not that way.

While I like human contact, the whole handshake thing never was my bag. Where have your hands been? And the concept of kissing other people as a greeting, though popular in some hearty circles, always gave me the willies.
Comforting hugs, there there? Mmm, can I get back to you on that?
One must be selective about interpersonal touching.


Unless we are in a physical relationship, I'd rather not have contact with your skin, and really wish that you would keep your clothes on and a reasonable distance between us. My personal space demands are basically that you are far enough away that I can focus, and don't feel the heat radiating from your body.

Well, unless you are a dog or cat. Or other animal. Then it's okay.



You will kindly note that medical professionals, if and when they touch you, will have mentally prepared you for it by telling you what, how, and why.

None of that casual careless "warmth".




==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

PLANS. I HAVE PLANS!

It takes about five hours for the twitchy ache in my lower legs from the amlodipine besylate to diminish sufficiently that I can sleep. I ti...