Friday, May 22, 2020

QUESTION FOR MCI / VERIZON

Question about a likely ongoing service outage for telephone land lines in my part of San Francisco. The Verizon tech suggested I call Frontier (whom I have never dealt with, and whose customer I am not), another tech requested I contact MCI, a third one suggested that I contact Verizon Facebook (" ... contact Verizon wireless at facebook.com/verizon or @VZWSupport"), because "We do not have Verizon FiOS services in SF. You will need to contact Verizon wireless via their social media handle." So, as it stands, I am seriously thinking of telling MCI (again, same company as Verizon, and it's unclear which one is the dog, which one is the tail) to go fly a kite, and become someone else's customer.


Is service in SF affected at this point? If so, when will it be back?


Worst come to worst, I may need to finally give up the landline and get a cell-phone, which I will pretend is a home phone -- no incentive to take the damned thing out of the house -- and use an entirely different service provider. I'll research who is in direct competition with Verizon.

Then invent creative internet Memes about how Verizon (MCI) sucks.



By the way: Verizon owns MCI. Verizon repeatedly told me to contact Frontier. Frontier was as helpful as they could be, but because the account is an MCI number, they couldn't research it at their end. Finally, several hours after this whole thing began, Verizon forwarded a link to MCI, from which the response was the MCI would respond within twenty four business hours. Which means Tuesday at the earliest.

"Verizon Fios does not provide service in San Francisco. If you have MCI as your carrier, you would need to contact them for a resolution."

Resolution? Heck, closing my account. MCI and Verizon which OWNS MCI are just not very good, are they?




==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

THE MACHINE LIVES

Surely everyone is pleasantly surprised that the SF Police have identified one of the people who torched a driverless taxi vehicle (Waymo) b...