Thursday, May 23, 2019

THREE ...

Three back teeth extracted over a decade ago. After discovering that I'm allergic to most antibiotics, and that the vasoconstrictors in anaesthetics cause heart palpitations. Okay. Excellent dentist, quick work, back at the office in forty five minutes drooling out of both sides of my mouth. He had prescribed codeine for when the injections wore off, and instructed me to stay off solid food. That evening I felt a tingling beginning, so I popped a codeine and went to the bar. Whisky is a non-solid, right? Mere moments after ordering, I slid to the floor with tremors and a cold sweat. I remained there for nearly an hour, couldn't move, looking up at my drink and hoping nobody would steal it. Turns out I can't take opiates either ....

So.


Three days later I'm heartily sick of fruit juice and yoghurt. Chicken stock into blender, three jalapeños, three spoonfuls of peanut butter, and three lovely rashers of crisp-fried bacon.
Best soup I ever had.

And, except for one thing, totally vegetarian.




==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

SAN FRANCISCO IS TOO DANGEROUS!

A few years ago, my regular care physician and I had an informative talk about kangkong (ipomoea aquatica), sidetracking from my tobacco use...