Thursday, May 02, 2019

THEY SOUND LIKE THAT

The locals like it, so I shan't mention the name or location, because for the time being it's our kind of place. Not so many tourists with insane requests, nor white people who have impossibly high standards.
I should have gone there yesterday evening, instead of having 'Holier Than Thou Soup' from a can.

What I ordered was stirfried pork and tofu over rice. Tasted MUCH better than that sacred organic summersquash soup from the previous day. Yeah, I could only eat half of it, and took the rest home with me. But man, so much better than that tinned white folks muck.

豆腐豬肉飯

If you were from New York or the East Bay, I'm sure it was not up to snuff. Because you know what's what, and if the Pizza is so much better there, or the cheesecake and bagels, then of course the Chinese food is too. Because San Francisco Chinese don't know know how to cook, do they? Not like in New York.

Been running a fever off and on for two weeks.
Completely fed-up with certain attitudes.



The owner at this point understands that I'm a creaky white dude with no family nearby. That's not very common in the Cantonese world.

It's not very common in any cultural world.
But I am relatively inoffensive.





==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

A LACK OF PROPELLANT

Rereading my old posts reminds me that I used to be immoderate. And at times over the top. I've calmed down and grown up since then. Now...