Monday, October 30, 2017

YOU CAN TELL WHAT THEY ATE FROM THE STONES THEY LEFT BEHIND

"What horror movie did the line "it burns!" come from?" To which I responded "that's what the internet is for". Her reaction was to tell me that I had such good internet lookupping skills that if I did it, it would be faster. After several minutes of searching I narrowed it down to five possible maybes: Don't Go in the House, Sinister, It Comes At Night, Mommy Dearest, and Bride of Frankzilla. At that point I had had enough, and she had lost interest.

Both of us were on our computers, but only she was simultaneously scrolling through the cable teevee menu.
I may have good internet lookupping skills, but she was 'multitasking'.

In the same conversational string she also mentioned that "Norweedge" was obviously a fake country, but "Jafranzipan" sounded like it should exist.
Possibly as a source of sashimi.


Later she looked up from her laptop to rhetorically pose the question "say, weren't people a few years ago wearing dinosaur dung as jewelry?"

My internet lookupping skills yielded "coprolite". From Greek 'kopros' (fewmet) and 'lithos' (rock). Literally 'poo stone'. About which I now know too much, good lord! Because of her I spent ten minutes reading about dinosaur faeces. Dinosaur faeces!


Other subjects that came up where 'turkey lollies' (no, that is not a little bird with a stick shoved up its rear; bite off the head and it goes "brawrkk!"), the correct pronunciation of migraine if you are English, tikketty-boo, "wet arse no fish". This all in connection with British and Australian slang.
About which the internet has a lot to say, oh boy.
I know, because I lookupped it.


Norweedge?!?


For the second evening in a row I prepared Chinese Spam substitute (金寶火腿午餐肉 'kam bou fo teui ng chaan yiuk'), which is cheaper, juicier, and tastier than the real thing, for dinner, in noodle soup. Because, as previously mentioned, I had forgotten to food-shop on Friday.
Sriracha, ginger, and nutmeg, for a Dutch taste.
Curry paste for el sabor autentico.
Pickled bamboo shoots.
Rice-sticks.
河粉 。

Et slikt måltid er veldig Hawaiisk!
Det var en deilig, deilig suppe!





==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

IN TUNE WITH WILD LIFE

That noise outside while I was drifting awake? Turned out to be the streetsweeping vehicle. Not actually an owl. But it had sounded ike an o...