Wednesday, October 12, 2022

WOMEN ARE NOT A FROG!

A friend posts 'Mysogeny check. Let your phone complete the sentence "women are...".' With predictable results. "Women are not a frog." This was predictable, because it was already widely known. Most of my own life I have been certain that "women are not a frog".
I'm guessing the same goes double for you.


In my life I have encountered many women. And other people.
So far very few of them have proven to be frogs.
Mostly only the anurids.

From Wikipedia: "A frog is any member of a diverse and largely carnivorous group of short-bodied, tailless amphibians composing the order Anura (ανοὐρά, literally without tail in Ancient Greek). The oldest fossil "proto-frog" Triadobatrachus is known from the Early Triassic of Madagascar, but molecular clock dating suggests their split from other amphibians may extend further back to the Permian, 265 million years ago. Frogs are widely distributed, ranging from the tropics to subarctic regions, but the greatest concentration of species diversity is in tropical rainforest. Frogs account for around 88% of extant amphibian species. They are also one of the five most diverse vertebrate orders. Warty frog species tend to be called toads, but the distinction between frogs and toads is informal, not from taxonomy or evolutionary history." End cite.

I'm pretty good at reading. This passage does not describe women. For one thing, they're not 265 million years old.
NOT A WOMAN

So I'd like to put that rumour to rest. It's pernicious.

Except for the clerk at Walgreens and the gentleman with the forklift, everybody I dealt with today was a women. Not a frog in the bunch. Waitress at restaurant, people at next table over, stock clerk at a grocery, cashier same place, lottery ticket clerk.
Old lady looking for Tiger Balm, waitress at bakery ...
No frogs.


My apartment mate is, unsurprisingly, also not a frog.
It's something I keenly appreciate.
She's good at it.



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

PLANS. I HAVE PLANS!

It takes about five hours for the twitchy ache in my lower legs from the amlodipine besylate to diminish sufficiently that I can sleep. I ti...