Friday, March 01, 2019

TEA, MY CAT, AND PARMESAN

As one would expect, this blogger is not the only person fed up with the weather, everyone's grumpy mood, and the ongoing soap opera that this country has become. Yesterday evening in one group on Facebook there was a long acrimonious discussion about another group, similar but with a different agenda. The first group mentioned has a lot of decent people, but it's obvious that some of them are snow-bound, stuck with family members whining about not being able to go anywhere ("whaddya mean the drive-thru at Bucket-O-Lard is closed"), tired of playing endless video games (this blogger hasn't slaughtered invading space aliens on-screen in well over a decade), and in my case largely exists just for ships and a giggle.
The second group has the socially reprehensibles.
There is some membership cross-over.
Individuals to avoid.

No, I didn't participate in the grumble-fest; I am on this planet to observe for the invasion fleet, and eventually they'll beam me up again. Y'all nuts.

Both of them are pipe and pipe-tobacco related groups, but there any commonality ends. Life is not that limited that we need to acknowledge every person with a piece of briar sticking out of their mouth, and, truth be told, most of my friends are not exactly warm to the subject.
I, personally, prefer to avoid some pipesmokers.
It is not a guarantee of discernment.


One of the nonsmokers whose frustrated Facebook moan of despair spoke to me, stated that all she wanted to do was isolate herself even further.
Comfortably with tea, her cat, and pajamas.
Which initially I misread.


Parmesan.


Either way, I can see myself in that.



If you're reading this, you probably can too. Parmesan cheese is a great and universal good. One of these days I shall buy an entire wheel of the stuff, and hide myself with it. Just me, the huge hunk of cheese, a growing army of cats ("cheese!), my pajamas, pipes, tobacco, and a cookbook.
And, naturally, a refrigerator, because there will be leftovers.
Splendid insulation from a crazy world.




==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

OR MAYBE YOU ARE A HIPSTER

The first smoke of the day is accompanied by stumbling and dog poo. Not for me, as I am chipper and vibrant with hot strong coffee boiling t...