Saturday, September 05, 2026

THERE WILL BE A TEST!

None of the people to whom I spoke in Mandarin today were dumb or stupid or senile or loud or discorteous or out of their mind or bad tempered. None. Not a single blessed one. But the same cannot be said about native speakers of English OR a gentleman originally from Uzbekistan whose English is absolutely fluent. It's been a long day.

Elderly Caucasian men have a simplistic vocabulary which, under stress (temper tantrums), manifests as multiple iterations of reproductive terminology. Nouns, adjectives, adverbs, verbs. Very much verb. Very loudly.

Consequently, I've had a long day.


Did I ever mention that I am in training for sainthood?


Also, despite having an extensive ability to cuss and swear in Dutch and Cantonese, and my heavens I can be eloquent and poetic doing so, I restrained myself and did not use a single bad word. Good lord I'm such a nice polite patient tolerant forbearing fellow!
I am absolutely staggered by myself.

My my.
My feet hurt, there is a horrible itch near my left collarbone, and my hands feel like they're burning. There are aches and pains scattered in strange place throughout my body, and some other parts itch from the inside out.

I've applied hydrocortisone cream here and there. With vigour.

Upon getting home I had a cup of coffee.

There is piano music.



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

THERE WILL BE A TEST!

None of the people to whom I spoke in Mandarin today were dumb or stupid or senile or loud or discorteous or out of their mind or bad temper...