Tuesday, March 12, 2019

HIGH SPEED

The caffeine has hit the brain. The medulla oblongata is fully sparkling, and synapses are firing all over the place. Coffee and tea are wonderful. Except, of course, for many millenials, who are the idiots their parents would have been, and often were. Stimulation means little to the over-entitled and under-informed. Revved-up crap is still crap.


Random thoughts, semi-inchoate:

Nabokov knew someone like Humbert Humbert; his associates will have easily marked the man. That book is not about the female protagonists, but about the mind of an obsessive person.

Has that orange-faced conman been indicted yet? Yet?!?

When ancient civilizations made agricultural advances, they created ripe conditions for the spread of disease. Malaria thrives where there is irrigation.

Have you ever noticed how many people are peaceful while smoking in war photos and films? Ban tobacco, and there will be far more bloodshed.

What do monkeys think about anal leakage? Damn, bad ammo?

Cats are over-rated.

More Madeleines have been consumed since the publication of À la recherche du temps perdu (in search of time lost) than are justified by taste or texture.

While drying this flake for the right smoking humidity, I notice carotenoids, and a faint hint of tonquin. No athenone, and no sooty terpeneols. Very pleasant.

The acacia trees on my street are in full bloom now. Soon it will be allergy season ..... except for me. Pollen scarcely affects me.
And I enjoy the anise-like fragrance.

Mmm, cookies!


Now, you may argue that I probably haven't had the good Madeleines, and my opinion could change if I did, but I will then say that at this point I have almost certainly had a representative sampling -- small shell shaped sponge cakes made according to various culinary traditions, English, French, Belge, et Americaine -- and in any case the Tom Poes and the Palmier are more evocational of fond recollections. For me.

But I am not Marcel Proust.

Madeleines are très très middle-class.
Paradigmatic of that status.
Bourgeois epitome.


Not that there is anything wrong with that.




==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

THE MACHINE LIVES

Surely everyone is pleasantly surprised that the SF Police have identified one of the people who torched a driverless taxi vehicle (Waymo) b...