Thursday, October 19, 2023

THE NASTY PAKISTANI HAIRPIECE

There are some parts of the city that I have no wish to visit. The Tenderloin, the Western Addition, the Haight Ashbury, and the Mission. No, it isn't crime there. It's hipsters and the ultra-left wing. The Mission in particular is like a grown-up sleazier version of Berkeley.
Brain-dead feel-gooders and unique individuals colourfully garbed.

Precisely the kind of place where you'll be attacked by a vegan screaming about whales, green, and Palestine. While smoking a doobie.

Been there. Done that.


Basically, much of the city is a turd-world shithole now. I'm sure our APEC visitors will be duly impressed when they visit us next month. It will be just like home for some of them. Including the unsafe kebabs grilled for your dining pleasure by a Karachiwallah who may or may not have fungus growing in his crotch, dammit Asad-bhai stop scratching and disinfect your damned hands!

Mind you, I like Indian food. But I've worked with enough Pakistanis AND Delhiwallas that I'd rather cook it myself. Despite common sense I ate several times at a Pakistani dhabba near my apartment; which was a source of mild food poisoning each time.
A proper Delhi-style bhuna gosht with hari mirch and plenty of dhania is delicious. Not hard to make at home. Infinitely better (and safer) than anything prepared by Suleiman, whose msg and cheap tacky toupée I still remember with distaste.
LEBANON BORDER

Despite my loathing for their politics, I find the Palestinians to be clean restaurateurs, delightful hosts in many dining establishments, and almost infinitely hospitable.
I still miss the Palestinian diner where some damned church is now.
Their food was excellent, their cardamom coffee divine.


Indeed, all Arabs have a tendency to back repulsive leaders, especially noticeable among Palestinians and Lebanese, but so do the people in the Deep South, so I can't really fault them for that anymore than the illiterate savages in our shithole states: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.


How does a cheap toupée get so thoroughly disgusting looking? You can wash it, you know! Just dump it in a basin of soapy water. You know, soap? Like what you are supposed to use on your hands and unmentionable bits?
Murkha takkala ulu!



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually The Mission District is very tobacco friendly. I know because it has become one of my favorite neighborhoods for food, drink and the occasional smoke. Of course, I am very fond of Chinatown for its food and alleyways, but since I still consume oat sodas and distilled spirits, well, the Mission is the place to be for that. In my opinion. May I humbly suggest an eatery on 16th Street between Mission and Valencia Streets called Picaro. Now, Picaro is an inexpensive Spanish tapas house that doesn’t slap you with that annoying 15% surcharge and is fond of both credit card and cash for payment. It’s a busy place and can get noisy but it’s very common to see solo diners there and three lovely tapas plates, plus tax and tip (assuming 20%) can run you around $30. Not bad for San Francisco these days. Service is courteous and prompt.

The back of the hill said...

Excellent recommendation! Once we're over this heat, I'll have to check it out.

Search This Blog

HE AND SHE

When a bear raids your storage locker, he (or she) is probably looking for bacon and cheesy poofs. It stands to reason. As a smart animal, a...