Wednesday, October 11, 2023

A SEMBLANCE OF NEAR-NORMALCY

Having eaten mutton curry rice and some sarson da saag, with a mithi lassi, I felt fortified to withstand the rigours of San Francisco after dark. Several caffeinated beverages later, upon coming home, I was fortified to the eyeballs, pretty much flying.
I was not fortified for the sight of a middle-age gentleman entirely naked below the sternum riding his bicycle up and down my block. No sir.

I myself could not manage to do that. That slope is a bit of a punisher.
So all I could do was admire his guts.

Sorry.


Not too many crazy people about, though while smoking my pipe waiting for my friend to get off work there had been the odd loony. And as we walked toward the burger place, we could hear one further up getting in touch with his emotions. At one point an obviously non-compos pilgrim stood in the doorway, but he left before we were finished.
Best thing I saw, a rather charming visual element, was the alert-looking Chinese girl on the bus with a beret. She has a white boyfriend. They live a little further up the street, up from the intersection, and so probably did not notice Raoul Sin Ropas.

I am a strong believer in people not having to see crazy stuff until they're good and ready.
Which I myself am not, and I sometimes wish the authorities would do something.
But I'm on the street often myself, and mistakes might be made.
Especially as I intend to acquire a fez.
All hail the sultan.



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

BOO, KARAOKE!

After lighting up my pipe I ran into gangster uncle going into one of the mah jong parlours. Hadn't seen him in ages, and my first uncha...