Sunday, October 15, 2023

AN INSPIRING BEACON OF SHEER HUMANITY

Just after the point where the bus picked up a throng of passengers which filled it up to the brim, standing room only, the clipper machine decided to break down. Which meant that the twenty plus tourists would pay not eight dollars, but fourteen dollars, to get back to the city. Me too, but I relished their displeasure at not getting money back when tagging off.

A small price to pay.

My sympathy was with the busdriver who would have explain all that.

To over forty people.

One by one by one.

At the toll plaza even more people got on. And at each subsequent stop. By the time I got off I had made sure to have a shorter distance to elbow my way through. "Excuse me, getting off, haal uwe reten uit de weg, thank you!"

My entire body ached at that point.
Yes, um, normally I'm all sweetness and light, a beacon of human warmth and kind loving feelings. Don't know what came over me. Maybe it was dealing with idiots for eight hours?

It is a possibility that that may have affected my mood.

I went to bed early. My body still ached.

Inflammation here and there.

So much for warmth.



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

SOMETHING ABOUT TEETH

Half a year before the United States entered the war, my dad went to Canada and joined the Royal Canadian Air Force. As he put it later, he ...