Sunday, October 29, 2023

AND THERE'S DEODORANT

There are huge areas of the world which, while interesting, one is loathe to visit. All of the Islamic world, of course (the only exception being Indonesia, which is resolutely secular), most of Latin America (guns and diseases), much of Africa, and Dublin, Glasgow, London, and Manchester. Well, almost everywhere in the British Isles, unfortunately.

And scratch Western Europe too.

Having lived abroad as an American many years ago, these times reawaken bad memories. Also, my correspondence with Netherlanders during the early nineties and teens left such a bad taste in my mouth that it may be a very long time before I visit my ancestral country again. Sommige Nederlanders zijn echte rotzakken wier aanwzigheid op deze planet overbodig is.

My fondest memories of growing up as an American citizen in Europe are devoid of people.


Most of Western Europe is sanctimonious twats like Gretta Thunberg, with a strong element of disapproval and ignorance. It makes one sympathize with the Vikings.
And really, the only reason to ever visit that part of the world is strong tea and occasionally a good stiff pour of Scotch, because their food is, at times, much worse than anything even in Texas. Thanks to art publishing and the internet, once can tour the ancient wonders without having to put up with the locals. And as for frequent shitty comments about America, I live in San Francisco, so I hear that all the time anyway from better informed people.

With the added benefit of deodorant and ice cubes.
Which are almost unknown in Europe.
And sneered at.



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

BOO, KARAOKE!

After lighting up my pipe I ran into gangster uncle going into one of the mah jong parlours. Hadn't seen him in ages, and my first uncha...