Tuesday, December 02, 2014

NOT A FAN OF JAPANESE FOOD

Regular visitors here have perhaps noted that while I have posted numerous Chinese, Indonesian, and Filipino recipes, as well as the occasional Afghani and Indian food preparation -- even favourably mentioned Thai, Cambodian, and Vietnamese -- there has never been any comment about what our neighbors the Japanese go all gourmandy over.
Well, besides snide comments about Caucasian sushi consumers.
In all honesty, Japanese food does not really excite me.
Other than their idiosyncratic version of curry.

Okay, superlatively fresh raw fish is exquisite.

Do you mind if I deepfry that?


Evenso, the Japanese have their own unique take on stuff to stick in their mouths, and the proper way to make it mouth-stickable.

And I know that they cook. At times.

There's evidence.


OISHII DESU, YO!


[SOURCE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkaIoH6Um60.]


Well hot damn', Cletus, now I is all hungry.

I want me some of that.

Seriously.


3秒クッキング 爆速エビフライ
San byo ku-king-gu, baku soku ebi frai
Three Seconds Cooking, Explosion Speed Shrimp Fry.
Double dipped and fryoblasted.
It looks delicious.


Brilliant.



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

1 comment:

gastronomically amphibious said...

I like Japanese cuisine, now even moreso.

Search This Blog

SAN FRANCISCO IS TOO DANGEROUS!

A few years ago, my regular care physician and I had an informative talk about kangkong (ipomoea aquatica), sidetracking from my tobacco use...