Wednesday, May 03, 2023

TOAD FLURRY

One Asperger pattern that some people have is that certain words or phrases get stuck in their head and repeated on and on. And on. And on. Which means it's a good thing that she doesn't do karaoke, as my life would be hell. For twenty minutes in her room this morning she was repeating the first phrase of a song up to the comma, melodically.
I shan't mention the song.

Meanwhile, dawdling over my first cup of coffee, I had two terms on permanent loop. "Porzana, a genus of bird in the rail family", and "toad flurries".

Per Wikipedia: "The genus Porzana was erected by the French ornithologist Louis-Pierre Vieillot in 1816 with the spotted crake (Porzana porzana) as the type species. The genus unites the typical "crakes" found essentially anywhere in the world except desert and polar regions. It contains 3 living species. " End cite.

That's probably as fascinating to you as it is to me.
Beans about birds, I know. No idea what a 'toad flurry' is.

It's unlikely that you can get one at In'n Out Burger. My guess would be a decriptive term for traffic mishaps in Indonesia, but that's only because I had coconut milk, lemon grass, and sambal on the brain.

A flurry is a sudden brief gust of snow or wind, possibly hail.
Maybe even a brief sleet storm.


It could also describe American politics.
A number of sleet heads come to mind.



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

IN TUNE WITH WILD LIFE

That noise outside while I was drifting awake? Turned out to be the streetsweeping vehicle. Not actually an owl. But it had sounded ike an o...