Thursday, May 11, 2023

THE PLEASING CLUTTER

If you are an Asian American woman, you probably obsess over balls. Or a caffeinated beverage. Perhaps even a caffeinated beverage (of whatever temperature) WITH balls. Seeing as I'm not an Asian American woman, I do not. My apartment mate (a certifiable Asian American woman) has four different types of coffee mix on top of the fridge, three different packs of coffee beans inside it, several containers of chocolate beverage mix, and over a dozen boxes of loose leaf and bag tea in the cupboard.
No balls. Balls or for girlies.

Surprisingly, she doesn't spend the day wired to the tits and bouncing off the walls.

Myself, three boxes of teabags, two tins of leaf, and two plastic bags.

I tend toward tit-upto-ness more than she does.

So today on a whim I acquired another brewing vessel.
Brown unglazed earthenware.
Obviously she does not have to deal with rancid rightwing fossils as much as I do. Caffeine makes it possible to at all times remain mentally ten or twenty steps ahead of the damned dingoes, even on my days off. But especially when I work.

The item illustrated above is a gaiwan (盖碗), also called a chung (盅), although that term is more broad and also encompasses any number of potty or bowly things that are not meant for brewing tea.

It struck my eye and fell into my lap, so to speak.
I do not need another tea-brewing vessel.


Precisely like I do not need ymore pipes or books.
But, um, well, you know.



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

IN TUNE WITH WILD LIFE

That noise outside while I was drifting awake? Turned out to be the streetsweeping vehicle. Not actually an owl. But it had sounded ike an o...