Thursday, May 04, 2023

CODGER

It strikes me that I am not a pleasant man, and, in fact, have a temper. I blew up at a young fellow on the bus today because I zoned out and he made a snide comment about how I should move a bit. Passive aggressively. Without using the word "please".
How more boomerish could one get?

Shouldn't have snapped at the fellow. Or swore.

I have become a nasty old fossil.

Which is something I did not set out to do.
Truth is that I really do not like younger Americans. But I shouldn't have been zoning out, and though he could have moved past me -- please and excuse me work wonders -- it was really that I should have been more attentive to other passengers.

Not my best moment.



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

IN TUNE WITH WILD LIFE

That noise outside while I was drifting awake? Turned out to be the streetsweeping vehicle. Not actually an owl. But it had sounded ike an o...