Sunday, February 14, 2021

THE PERFECT ROMANTIC DINNER FOR ONE

Walking home from the bus I passed a bar with outdoor dining. Romantic couples, enjoying quiet time together. Fifteen of them. Thirty people. In the rain. During a pandemic.
Love is a many splendoured thing. Soggy and pre-pneumonic, too.
Kudos, young lovers. You are all nuts.
Obviously I walked on the other side of the street.

When I got home I fixed myself some fatty fried pork with yauchoi, chilipaste, and yellow curry. Over noodles. I did not need to light candles to feel the passion. My apartment mate had some sardines while cruising news on the internet. And remonstrating with the turkey vulture.

Fortunately she's gotten over Wheelie Boy, and the turkey vulture doesn't have a 'special person'. So in this household at least we're not nuts. Cynical, perhaps. Total Asperger or on the spectrum oh boy, definitely. Meshugge, no.


Sanity is also a many splendoured thing. All those soggy love-struck neurotypicals out there should try it sometime. They'd find it refreshingly warm and dry.


I had spent all day cleaning pipes and buffing stems. So it was productive. Also smoked a pipe a few times, experimenting for one bowl with Stokkebye's latest, Peaty Kentucky, which was quite pleasant, and qua appearance reminiscent of Samuel Gawith's Cabbies Mixture.
The taste is gentler. It goes very well with tea.

Most of the day was merely overcast.
It started raining after lunch.
A good day to be inside.



TOBACCO INDEX


==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

ROTTEN BRAINS IN RED STATES

So my bright and optemistic idea of getting out of the house relatively early for a haircut, lunch, and afternoon tea, all punctuated by som...