Tuesday, February 16, 2021

I'LL GO AHEAD AND BLAME TEXAS FOR THIS

There's stuff somewhere here that I need to rediscover. In particular, I'm still searching for the little orange lacquer box I misplaced within days of taking it into my possession. I can remember thinking "I've got put this somewhere safe, where it won't attract the apartment mate's eagle eye". So I did. And now I do not know where it is. So I'll simply have to buy another one.

Couldn't really turn the place upside down for it yesterday, because the apartment mate had scheduled a mental health day. And the weather was that miserable that she didn't go out except to do necessary laundry. She's a non-smoker, so obviously I had to leave a number of times. It's damned near Texan out there. There are queers and steers gamboling in the snow, and trump supporters in a mating frenzy. Yeah, okay, slight exageration, but it's cold.

In my youth I could hack sub-zero temperatures easily. Now the only time I want to go outside is to shoot idiots saying "howdy podner" and feasting on barbecue. We don't need Texans here, piss off! And take your Texan coldness with you!
Presently I am free to do as I please. The other person has gone off to work, I've shut her door firmly, and opened the kitchen window for some air circulation, and am disporting myself with a fine briar inside. As the self-portrait above makes plain.

I had too much excitement yesterday. Ambulations. Disputes with a turkey vulture. Green chili fried chicken. Crazy person asleep in the portico. Pavement poo. Like the fabled New England groundhog, I wish to sleep for another six weeks, having seen what it's like out there.


Unfortunately, there is stuff I must do today.
I should be home by teatime.




==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

OR MAYBE YOU ARE A HIPSTER

The first smoke of the day is accompanied by stumbling and dog poo. Not for me, as I am chipper and vibrant with hot strong coffee boiling t...