Sunday, February 21, 2021

AND YOU MISSED IT!

Yesterday was, apparently, International Pipe Smoking Day. Totally unaware of it, I smoked my pipes. Everyday is pipe smoking day. And I should mention that while I have finally become aware that Tuesday is for tacos, I do not observe it. Everyday is Taco Tuesday if you're so inclined, and "outside the land, it's a two day festival" (some readers won't get this).

I do not celebrate Saint Patrick's Day or Cinco De Mayo either.


Almost any reason can be found for drunkeness.
This is Amurika, we'll invent one.


For me the only "day" worth celebrating is National Donut Day (the first Friday in June AND on November Fifth), on both of which we hail the stupendous Dutch American contribution to widespread Anglo obesity.
Perhaps a fit occasion for a cocktail?

And there's a drink for that.




==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

IN TUNE WITH WILD LIFE

That noise outside while I was drifting awake? Turned out to be the streetsweeping vehicle. Not actually an owl. But it had sounded ike an o...