Monday, February 08, 2021

SOCKS ARE IMPORTANT, LATAKIA FIENDS!

In one of the pipe smoking groups on the internet, someone asked "what kind of socks do you prefer and suggest when smoking Latakia blends?" Fortunately the question was not directed at me personally. Honestly, I think socks are good. Especially in colder weather, when the temperature of the pavement is bone chilling. But the specifice type of sock is probably a matter of personal preference.

I am now imagining a Latakia blend smoker happily skipping barefoot across the frozen tundra, his pedal digits turning blue and falling off. La la la, carefree! Oh happy frozen day!

Not all pipesmokers are sane.


Obviously, underwear is just as important as socks. Especially out on the frozen tundra.
Last time I smoked the pipe pictured above was on Nob Hill on the day that the sky had turned orange. September 9, 2021. I'm pretty certain that I wore both socks and undies at the time. Absolutely positive, in fact. But I wasn't smoking a Latakia blend.

I am not a habitual smoker of Latakia blends.
So I normally wear socks and underwear.
I know a number of Latakia smokers.
Really, you don't want to know.



Naturally I looked at his profile. He's African American, ex-military, and a pilot, likes Pease's Blackpoint, and occasionally Dunhill Nightcap. He smokes mostly bent pipes. Lives in Ohio.
Ladies, he's single. What is wrong with you?



G. L. PEASE BLACKPOINT
Leathery campfire. Latakia, Turkish, Viginia, and Perique. A complex mixture. Creamy, earthy, full Oriental. This is a Balkan blend with Perique, and would go well with strong tea, sherry, or Scotch. As well as thick scratchy woolen socks in icy weather.



TOBACCO INDEX


==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

IN TUNE WITH WILD LIFE

That noise outside while I was drifting awake? Turned out to be the streetsweeping vehicle. Not actually an owl. But it had sounded ike an o...