Monday, December 16, 2019

GO AHEAD; BURN SOMETHING

The first year I lived in this apartment I had a Christmas tree. Which, having let the designated pick-up day slip by, I ended up rendering into to trash baggable fragments with a saw in the middle of summer. That cured me of any desire to repeat the experience, and I have not decorated for the yuletide celebration since then.
In all honesty, I am not thoroughly vested in Christmas, particularly not the American version with the horrible movies and ghastly songs in tinkly children's voices.

Bah, as they say, humbug.

Seeing as the midwinter festival is originally about banishing darkness and the perception of a return to light, post solstice, it would make complete sense if we were to burn effigies of what we hate. A mass cleansing through public bonfires. Mitch McConnell and Lindsey Graham in papier-mâché. As well as their bitch wives, followers, and orange pedo-Jesus.
As just theoretical examples.


Far be it from me to think outside the box on this one.


We narrowly escaped Christmas music at work today.


I am NOT buying anybody an X-box this year.


Maybe some matches or a lighter.




==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

SAN FRANCISCO IS TOO DANGEROUS!

A few years ago, my regular care physician and I had an informative talk about kangkong (ipomoea aquatica), sidetracking from my tobacco use...