Thursday, October 03, 2019

ONE FOOT OF PROPHYLACTICS, FIFTY FEET OF PEPTO

Rice stick noodles are the food of the single man. Easy to prepare, and can be incorporated into strong-flavoured snack-like dishes. Naturally I have a goodly supply. Just add sambal, curry paste, and a grilled Italian sausage plus vegetables.

The other perfect food for bachelors is pizza, but I tend to eschew that. Even though if properly done it can be both good and nutritious.
In this neighborhood it isn't.

And I no longer prepare it from scratch, obviously.


Other than beastly pizzerias, there are Thai, Mediterranean, nouveau, and pub grub nearby. Young white yuppies tend toward casual indigestion rather than good eating. It's a perfect preparation for a night of riotous excess.


There's also a donut shop. And a chicken and waffle place.


America will die mostly of rotten teeth.
It's the wave of the future.



You know, I am not surprised that drugstores devote so much space to digestive aids. And stay open late.




==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

THE ADDENDUM AT TEA

Tea time, as regular readers know, is very important to me. But instead of going to one of my regular places I gave it a miss today. I just ...