Monday, April 24, 2017

I DISLIKED THE BOOKS INTENSELY BY THE TIME I WAS TEN

Pursuant movies and celebrities, about which I know almost nothing, one reader here got so excited that she twice demanded my attention and my input. At least I presume he is a she. Men normally don't mention celebs much unless they've been featured on the cover of Sports Illustrated.
I know this, because there is a copy of Sports Illustrated in the lounge at work. There's a nearly naked person (female) on the front, in full colour.
Which is normal, I have been given to understand.

Underneath the Kali essay, these comments:

At 10:13 AM
I beg you, beg you, to please write a post about this topic said...
- Speaking of movies: Blake Lively says her daughter's favorite movie is Wizard of Oz and they watch it 60 times a week....can you imagine hearing Judy sing Over The Rainbow 60 times in 7 days! would you love it or grow tired of it? - 60 times a week? That's a bit excessive...
- If I did the calculation right, that comes out to 16 hours a day, every day....
- Enough time to sleep and watch the movie all day, assuming one never does anything else.. like eat, or go to the bathroom, or step outside.


At 7:01 AM
The above commentor said...
Hello? You're gonna make that post, right? Please? I beg you!!


Naturally I had recourse to the internet, to find out whether there was such a person as Blake Lively, and if she had indeed made such an absurd claim.
Which had me discover this article: Blake Lively Has Googled Herself, and It Ended In “Full Depression”

Apparently she did say that. Which means either that she is given to exaggeration, or can't do math worth squat. Or, perhaps, lives in an unimaginable hell of her pampered brat's devising.

Per Wikipedia, Ms. Lively is an actress
And an American.


I had never heard of her. Have I missed something?


There is not a single movie on this planet that I have watched sixty times. The closest I come is King of Masks at thirty eight (thirty seven times in a theatre), followed by Apocalypse Now and Apocalypse Now Redux at well over twenty times each, and Mommy Dearest at a dozen plus.
The Maltese Falcon at least several times.
Casablanca three or four.

I've seen all movies with Chow Yun-fat (周潤發) very often. He's a stellar actor. Lau Tak-wah (劉德華) ditto. Likewise Cherie Chung (鍾楚紅).

One movie featuring none of the actors above which I have also enjoyed repeatedly is A Chinese Ghost Story. And Mr. Vampire is also a good romp that bears occasional re-watching.

Everything Monty Python is an educational and enriching experience.

I have NOT seen The Wizard of Oz even once.
Nor do I see a need to ever do so.

Blake Lively is nuts.




==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:

LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

6 comments:

Pppppppeter said...

Naturally I had recourse to the internet, to find out whether there was such a person as Blake Lively, and if she had indeed made such an absurd claim.

What is the internet?

The back of the hill said...

What is the internet?

The repository of all that is good and evil.

Oriental Movie Enthusaist said...

What was the one time that you saw The King of Macks not in a theatre? How did you see it?

The back of the hill said...

Home copy.

Oriental Movie Enthusiast said...

You have a home copy, but you watched it only once??

The back of the hill said...

My apartment mate tends to destroy the experience. The little girl drives her up the wall. And the monkey seems like overkill in her mind.

Search This Blog

THEY'RE GROOVY AND SENTIENT!

In many ways I am a severely disapproving sort. I dislike tattoos, piercings, patchouli, raggedy tee-shirts, potsmoking, public misbehaviour...