Thursday, October 06, 2016

EVERYTHING OF ORGANIC ORIGIN

As many of my readers know, I used to work part-time in an Indian restaurant. Many Hindu Indians do not eat beef. Some do not eat meat at all. This a religion-based abstainment. Likewise, Jews do not eat pork or shellfish, and truly obeservant Jews will not eat food prepared in a non-kosher environment (like my kitchen, for instance), because kashrus extends to utensils and containers. Muslims are a little more flexible, in that avoiding pork is their main buggaboo, and the other details are of decidedly lesser importance.

I more than tolerate religious exemptions and associated dietary eccentricity, even thought I hold to no such limitations myself.
Even Buddhists and Jains. Wild, but okay.


Self-anointed vegans and glutenphobes, however, can go fly a kite.


I am only marginally better with the anti-gmo and organic crowd.
They too are a bunch of pretentious and special dickwads.

Fortunately the places where I eat do not cater to those people.

"What's that?"

"Pork egg-noodle."

"And that?"

"Bacon and cheese gluten."

"That?"

"It's shrimp, bloody beef, mushrooms, and blue cheese, lovingly garnished with peanuts, onions, chili peppers, and strips of fried egg.
Bacon is optional, honey-mustard glaze is not."



Veal, pâté de foie gras, and smoked horsemeat.

What I wanted tonight was either pizza or roast duck. But what I had was bacon, finger sausages, egg, and toasted sourdough bread. I did not feel like complicated cooking. The kitchen smells rich and very porkesque at present, and I think I will follow dinner with some delicious frozen dairy dessert. Oh yum.

The only thing missing was hotsauce.
Sometimes the sheer rich goodness of the ingredients and that old-timey flavour need to stand on their own to be appreciated.

I already had hotsauce earlier today.
On a dolphin-salad sandwich.
Oh sorry, it was tuna.
Yes. Tuna ...




==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

2 comments:

Belvedere said...

I was at a restaurant where some anti-natural f*ckhead put not only GMOs, but also vaccines, into chocolate chip cookies. This should be illegal, and I'm, voting for anti-vax candidates come November. !!!

The back of the hill said...

The outrage, the offense, the agony!

It probably interfered with the exquise taste of carob and tofu.

Search This Blog

WELL, HOW DID I GET HERE?

There is an air of distraction to the streets in C'town nowadays. People seem lost in thought, absent minded, somewhat out of it. And mo...