Friday, April 13, 2012

I AM A FEATURE OF THE LANDSCAPE

A young fellow took pains to introduce me to his significant other.
"He speaks several languages, and he knows everything"
And "he's the most intelligent man you'll ever meet."

Hugely flattering.
But incorrect.

I do speak a few languages.  And I can get away with a few more.
But several?

And I really do not know everything.
I wish I did.

I do not actually want to be the feature of the landscape you introduce your girlfriend to.
The very fact that she is YOUR girlfriend already changes the equation.

I do not have a girlfriend. Why are you introducing me to a happy woman?


Dot - dot - dot


This evening I had a wonderful conversation with a young lady with a great personality and lovely frontal parts.  Of course it didn't go anywhere, as I am perhaps too old, (or she too young).
Still, it let a geezer dream.

I'm fairly certain that she left with a positive impression.


Mmmm, nice old git.
Very well-read.
Knows lots.

I know too much. I speak several languages. I'm not what the average young women likes.




==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

1 comment:

Dusty said...

But you're perfect. For someone.

Intrigued by ATBOTH? Promised your Mom you wouldnt pick up guys on the Web? Have I got an offer for you.

For a limited time, only, I will chaperone (at a respectable distance)any meeting with ATBOTH. at any public or private venue.

Just let me know and we'll make the arrangements.

Search This Blog

THE MACHINE LIVES

Surely everyone is pleasantly surprised that the SF Police have identified one of the people who torched a driverless taxi vehicle (Waymo) b...