Sunday, April 01, 2012

A DAY OF VARYING HUE

Got back to the office just in time yesterday evening.  The wind had picked up and it was starting to rain.  Forest critters, hobbits, badgers, and middle aged gentlemen strolling after a late lunch or early dinner in Chinatown do not like rain.
One cannot smoke in a downpour.  Water gets into the bowls of our pipes.
Unless, of course, we have ourselves an umbrella.
Which we do. Back at the office.

I was wired to the eyebrows at that point, and spent several more hours reading Wikipedia, rather than going back out into the wet.

Started yesterday with coffee.  Had another one before my roommate left the house.
Then a cup of tea. Then went to the financial district, and a second cup of tea.
When I got to the restaurant for a bite to eat, tea was brought.
Had a Vietnamese ice-coffee after dinner.
I don't have much of a social life, but I'm full of vigour.
Lonely at times, but perky perky perky.
Lively and vibrant, too.
Caffeine.

Good thing that coffee and tea are chock-full of antoxidants, and good for the system.  That means that I can keep this up for probably several more decades.
Along with research that shows nicotine to be good for short-term memory, and also beneficial to that segment of the elderly who are losing their marbles, life conceivably could turn out pretty entertaining.
I think I'll learn a new subject this year.

My roommate stayed all day at her boyfriend's place.
But I probably had a more stimulating time by far.
Hot beverages, tobacco, and reading material.
Not doing too badly for a single grumpus.

Didn't see any hobbits, forest critters, elves, orcs, badgers, butterflies, ghostly apparitions, or mythological beings about when I finally got home again.
I must be the only one in my neck of the woods.
Sometimes it's a bit empty out here.



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

THEY'RE GROOVY AND SENTIENT!

In many ways I am a severely disapproving sort. I dislike tattoos, piercings, patchouli, raggedy tee-shirts, potsmoking, public misbehaviour...