Friday, April 27, 2012

HAPPY SURPRISE

Someone wants to be just like me when he grows up.
Naturally I am amazed.
Quite flabbergasted, actually.

Why would anyone want to be a crusty middle-aged badger with a slight hangover who reeks of pipe-tobacco?

Apparently I am a very interesting man (badger), who has achieved maturity (crusty middle-age), with a surfeit of wisdom (thoughtful speech, due to a slight hangover).
Very much the shining example to a person precisely half my years.
Perhaps the exemplary shininess is the fragrance of Latakia.
That’s the only interpretation that makes any sense.
I will have to smoke that mixture more often.
Especially if it has that effect on people.

Sometimes I worry about the impression others have of me.

Still, it is far better to be perceived as ‘interesting’, ‘mature’, and ‘wise’, than seen as a stinky goobus with peculiar habits.
I shall make no attempt to change his mind.

Badgers (of any age) find it VERY flattering to be well-regarded.
So if you see an intelligent relative of weasels snuffling around Chinatown and the financial district this weekend looking particularly pleased, that will be me.
My eyes will be bright and inquisitive, my pelt will be groomed and lustrous.
I might even seem ‘interesting’, ‘mature’, and ‘wise’.
The slight hangover will be gone by then.
But not the smoky aroma.


==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay, but it was probably not a Chinese girl.

Search This Blog

THEY'RE GROOVY AND SENTIENT!

In many ways I am a severely disapproving sort. I dislike tattoos, piercings, patchouli, raggedy tee-shirts, potsmoking, public misbehaviour...