Friday, April 06, 2012

FROGS AND PIPES

Two sedarim. What that means, dear readers, is that there will NOT be a new post on motzi shabbes.
Nothing new here late tomorrow evening. Regular gibbering will recommence on Sunday.
It’s a holiday.
Tonight will be Pesach with the grownups, tomorrow we’ll be throwing rubber frogs across the dinner table.
And there is nothing wrong with rubber frogs. Flying frogs are a great good.
When I imagine World Peace, I see rubber frogs.
Oh, and very real frogs too.
Ribbit.

From which you may conclude that I like frogs. Which is correct. Very much so.
I also like toads – they’re far less skittish, besides being calm and thoughtful – but frogs have an elegant perky beauty.
All good narratives should include frogs.
Kermit agrees.


I wish all my readers a chag kasher ve sameach.
Or lots of happy hoppy ribbity frogs.
Whichever you prefer.


In other news, I counted my hoard of super-aged tobacco late last night.
Enough thirty year old Balkan Sobranie to last half a year. Mostly white.
Several tins of other stuff that hasn’t been available for decades.
A number of unopened canisters of Drucquer & Sons blends of similar antique age.
Trafalgar. Blend 805. Menlo. Levant. Arcadia. Etcetera.

This pursuant yesterday's monthly get-together of the pipe club.

Today I had some Red Virginia Flake before lunch.
And taunted some of the cigar smokers.
I’ve had a splendid morning.
Life is very good.
Ribbit.



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

1 comment:

e-kvetcher said...

Baruch hashem tobacco is not chametz!

Search This Blog

THEY'RE GROOVY AND SENTIENT!

In many ways I am a severely disapproving sort. I dislike tattoos, piercings, patchouli, raggedy tee-shirts, potsmoking, public misbehaviour...