Sunday, July 16, 2023

STEAMED PORK PATTY REVISITED

Yesterday evening after visiting the ceramic event in Palo Alto my apartment mate treated me to dinner at one of our favourite local restaurants, which is only four blocks away and serves what must be called a lot of Canto comfort food. Among other things: salt fish steamed pork patty (鹹魚蒸肉餅 'haam yü jing yiuk beng'). Which is quite delicious, and frightening to your relatives from the American heartland. Which is just one reason I'm not mentioning the name of the restaurant. If you're the bookseller, you know which one it is anyhow, and the rest of y'all flocking in to sneeringly go "I don't know what the badger is raving about, he must be bonkers", or, conversely, gradually persuade them to specialize in General Jor's chicken pork beef shrimp and sweatsocks, plus kung pao this and that and shrimp fried rice is not part of my agenda. One of the other dishes featured bitter melon (涼瓜 'leung gwa') which would also pull in my fellow kwai lo OR repulse them and make them doubt my sanity.

As I said, Canto comfort food. Great with sambal.

Except for the sambal she and I have similar tastes. Well, also excepting lobster (龍蝦 'lung haa'), which I'm only just okay with, and roast duck (燒鴨 'siu ngaap'), which makes me wax lyrical and poetic.
It didn't look quite like this. Similar, but more lovely. Exquisite.

Of course there was too much food. I had some of the left-overs this evening after returning from Marin. Where there is TONNES of Kung Pao and General Jor stuff.
As well as potstickers, in abundance. And egg rolls!

If you are visiting SF from Kansas, they have the best Chinese food in Marin.
You can trust me on this, I have your best interests at heart.
Abso delicious. It's very Hunanese!
Would I lie?



Dinner this weekend has been delicious.
Both evenings. Yessir.



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

HOUSING FOR ACADEMIA

Per a recent news article, there is not a single encampment of ten pup tents or more in the city. Reason being, one suspects, because anti-S...