Tuesday, June 25, 2019

NOT A PROFILE

Naturally I am curious about the people who read my little essays. Unfortunately, other than the few that I am lucky enough to also know in real life, I can't guess what my readers are like, or what they are thinking.
Some of them are undoubtedly interested in food.
A few share my liberal worldview.
One or two visit daily

Who are you?

The most frequently visited posts on this blog today in order have been the following:


APOLOGISTS FOR THE UNSPEAKABLE
Jun 25, 2019
Liberals, and reasonably well-read. Daily guests.

HAM SAP LO - THE CANTONESE PERVERT
Apr 27, 2011
My guess is white men in Hong Kong.

SHANGHAI SOUP
Jun 24, 2019
Food mavens and travellers.

DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FRENCH CUT AND HIGH CUT
Nov 19, 2012
Pervs.

CRYSTAL HEALING GOOPY HEALTH FREAKS!
Jun 24, 2019
Fellow skeptics as well as frequent (and rational) visitors.

LINGERING PLUM FRAGRANCE
Aug 12, 2018
Given that this has been visited every day for well over half a year, some people are forwarding the link. They're probably Chinese, because almost no one else would be interested.

FLAKES: A BRIEF PERSONAL INTRODUCTION
Aug 9, 2013
This one appeals only to pipe smokers.

REGENCY, HOLLYWOOD
June 18, 2019
Fairly frequent guests, San Francisco residents.

DESPOTIC SALTED DUCK EGG
April 19, 2019
It's about a Chinese food stuff. Maybe some people are looking to add something interesting to their diet? It's absolutely delicious, in any case.

JUST FILLED WITH GOODNESS. AND SWEET CREAM.
June 19, 2019
Readers with a keen interest in the delightful things available at local bakeries. This post is about food. Snackipoos.


There is probably considerable overlap of reader-types, but the Venn diagram is difficult to picture. Without further data, not worth attempting.

Maybe most bloggers wish to appeal to people like them. But that would be difficult and no fun at all. I am a Dutch American, middle aged, and in many ways not a person that I would like to know. Catering to someone like me would be dreary. Too stubborn, too opinionated, too smelly (tobacco).
There is, boringly, already more than enough of me in my life.

There are food posts; I like to cook. And eat.
There are pipe-related posts; I smoke.
There are 'political' posts; I bitch.
It's a window and a soapbox.



Pet peeves: quack science, food neuroses, Christians, right-wingers.
Oh and fruity cocktails, but I hardly ever talk about those.




==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

IN TUNE WITH WILD LIFE

That noise outside while I was drifting awake? Turned out to be the streetsweeping vehicle. Not actually an owl. But it had sounded ike an o...