Friday, June 14, 2019

HERE NICE DOGGIE!

The old dog is already placed; it was, apparently, a perfect match. Some little old lady to the south of here. The new dog is "beautiful summer" (夏美 'natsumi'), and is a real charmer. Most of the dogs in the program have appealing personalities and are good around whiny elderly farts, children, and kvetchy sports fiends. I think to them we all smell similar.
Very few have been arse sniffers.

Usually when Rich brings them in, I ask if they are 'biscuit' dogs'. And after the first biscuit, the animal has me pegged as "source of food". If we run out of biscuits, I'll get reproachful and very intense looks, because to at least one person in the room, I have failed my purpose in life. Miserably!
I have not yet asked whether Natsumi can have a biscuit yet, and about the last hound I didn't ask at all. Because he was so small, I suspected he was not yet at full biscuit-hood. If you or I had to eat those biscuits, we would probably be grunting all the time, because of constipation.
Dogs have a sturdier digestion.


Huskies, despite their great intelligence and calm trusting behaviour around humans, are not good for the purposes of the program, because when they get bored or curious, they find ways to deal with that situation.
A husky would probably drag some helpless invalid across a busy street to investigate an appealing skunk, never mind the damned traffic and the frantic screaming. "The biped behind me is just being difficult, once we're there she'll love the gorgeous smell and the rabidity!"

Or she'd insist on stopping at the local McDonalds. "Those people inside are eating nice rotten stuff, why can't I? It's only fair!"

Huskies are naturally good at pulling.

They'll teach you how.


Even the healthiest of special needs persons will not thrive on a diet rich in skunks and fast-food. Unlike a teenager.


They are more intelligent than most blondes, despite the blue eyes.

Sorry, that was an opportunistic snide comment.

A husky would've found it funny.




Natsumi is, I believe, a retriever and labrador crossbreed. She has a calm and likeable temperament. A very nice creature.





==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

THE MACHINE LIVES

Surely everyone is pleasantly surprised that the SF Police have identified one of the people who torched a driverless taxi vehicle (Waymo) b...