Thursday, June 13, 2019

THE GILDED PAST; PRE JANUARY 2018

Sometimes there are pearls.

At 4:55 PM, Anonymous said…

Look, I really didn't have too much to say; however, you made excessive reference to this letterbox so I felt compelled to put something in it.

I want 500g of McClelland's British Woods.

End quote.


How sad! McClellands closed their doors a year and a half ago. British Woods was one of their finer pipe tobacco blends. It is long gone, and anybody selling old tins of any of the McClellands products is asking an arm and a leg. Like anonymous, I too rather want five hundred grams.
He (or she) has my deepest sympathy.


Five hundred of almost anything they made, except for their Hello Kitty tobaccos (aromatics). Despite my intellectual affection for McClellands Honeydew, erm, no.


Anonymous was probably reading this post, where a soulful poem by Andy Lau (劉德華 'lau tak waa') is mentioned.


I may incautiously have let on that Andy is on of my favourite artists.




==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

IN TUNE WITH WILD LIFE

That noise outside while I was drifting awake? Turned out to be the streetsweeping vehicle. Not actually an owl. But it had sounded ike an o...