Friday, April 05, 2019

WHERE THERE ARE LIZARDS

Last night, a few hours after twelve o'clock, I was in Amsterdam. But it was only a dream. Naturally there were parts that were quite foreign to me, as well as Autumn leaves, coffee, and small cigars. My dreaming is more intense and urgent now. It's a side effect of my medication.

Unlike most tech-job yuppies, I rely on perfectly legal substances for slight psycho-active effect. All around me, Midwesterners and sub-continentals have to use cocaine, weed, meth, plus Red Bull or Monster and vodka.
Which are more intense, and less controllable.

There's weird stuff going on inside their tiny minds.


The minor effect on my occipital lobe pales considerably when compared to the waitstaff from a popular nearby restaurant screaming their empty heads off on Fernet Branca, cheap beer, and cocaine.

It's cheaper and more user-friendly too.


Amlodipine, Clopidogrel, Losartan, Metoprolol.


More intense dreams, and an imagination somewhat more vivid than before (that could just be the result of better circulation and more oxygen because of the blood-pressure medications) is quite a bit more manageable and socially smooth than their late night psychotic episodes at the two bars that they go to after work. They are nice enough people, and probably quite as competent as their e-commerce customers at whatever it is that they do.
But gracious, they are loud.

My favourite evening haunts have always been bars, restaurants, and coffee shops with fewer, calmer, and quieter, customers. Places where one can read, or smoke a pipe outside without strange conversations or extremes of behaviour.


North Beach is filled with techo-pond-scum, crack heads, coke fiends, and meth heads after dark. Polk Street has cocaine, heroine, and both designer drugs and too much energy beverage consumption. No, I do not know what marks the South of Market clubs or the Mission District, but it's probably Marinites and Oaklanders with enough hip substances to sink a fleet.


Alcohol, of course, releases the monster in many people.


We need fewer karaoke bars, more pizzerias.


And places to have coffee.




==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

PLANS. I HAVE PLANS!

It takes about five hours for the twitchy ache in my lower legs from the amlodipine besylate to diminish sufficiently that I can sleep. I ti...