Tuesday, April 16, 2019

ROTTEN MIND, INVISIBLE BREAST, RESTAURANT

Cantonese people wishing to eat, and have a good old girls gab fest. Black Americans who require take-out food (vegetable chow mein). Germans who need to pee. And a Dutch-American, eating string beans and chicken with black bean sauce over rice (四季豆雞飯 'sei gwai dou kai faan').

There's a whole lot of pig intestine on the wall now.
Stuffed, poached, in congee, and various.
Plus two dishes I might try.
At some point.

椒絲腐乳薯葉
椒絲腐乳通菜
['jiu si fu yiu syu yip', 'jiu si fu yiu tong choi']

Pepper shreds fermented tofu with yam leaves, or the same preparation with water spinach (ipomoea aquatica). Probably stir-fried, water or stock added to flare up, quickly reduced, plated. Sambal goreng kang kong.
But with rotten titty added.

I'm a boring eater; the pig intestines do not speak to me.

No, that's not a strange auto-correct or misprint above. Titty. The second word in 'fermented beancurd (腐乳 'fu yiu') means breast, nipple, suckle.





If you are a man, and the illustration above doesn't strangely excite you or appeal on a deep aesthetic level, you may be illiterate.
Go on, admit it. That soft soft curve of the hidden mystery , the claw grasping the left-over and lonely
Ooh, zesty!


All of those dishes are relatively new there. But only if you can read what is posted on the wall. Because they aren't familiar with any of the English equivalents, and I had better not do any translation for them.

I'd have too much fun.




==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

A LACK OF PROPELLANT

Rereading my old posts reminds me that I used to be immoderate. And at times over the top. I've calmed down and grown up since then. Now...