Sunday, October 14, 2018

I HAVEN'T CUT MYSELF IN YEARS

Facebook introduces one to people with lives quite different than one's own. One of whom deserves mention, because his 'hobby' is shaving. Fine badger hair brushes, carefully compounded high-quality soaps (some creamy, some not), and old fashioned razor blades.

I appreciate his passion, but shall not friend him. Because besides his shaving regularly, I know only one other thing about him. He's a pipesmoker and drinks coffee. Nothing about his politics or worldview.

Looks like a decent enough chap.
Might be a psycho.


My shaving follows hot coffee (two cups) in the morning. It involves a disposable razor and plain hand soap at the sink, just before a shower.


Indeed, I do have a very nice shaving brush.
But I do not make love to my face.
It's strictly business.


There is no reason for me to "soften and lift my beard" with a perfect lather. My soaps and blades do not come from carefully curated collections chosen by experts maintaining a craft passed down from the ancestors.
The lovely shaving brush sits in a bookcase.
Next to the pipe stem polish.

The following is from the "what the hell did I just watch?" file.


THE ART OF SHAVING ...

[SOURCE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhCMq_d2Pko.]



Tragically, I am not a hipster.




==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

SAN FRANCISCO IS TOO DANGEROUS!

A few years ago, my regular care physician and I had an informative talk about kangkong (ipomoea aquatica), sidetracking from my tobacco use...