Monday, October 22, 2018

THE LAMB OF BEASTLY HABITS

When I came back in, a loud angry-sheep "baa" issued forth from the bathroom. Which means either that Snidely (the Headsheep) is finally doing what should come naturally to anyone not chronically constipated, OR that my apartment mate was abluting herself inside. And while one hopes that the Headsheep is finally curing himself of his nasty addiction to non-fibrous gutpluggy snacks, many of them buttery to boot, the latter possibility is much more likely.

If Snidely were human, instead of a small stuffed animal, he would probably live entirely on pie and bacon cheeseburgers, and be big as a house.

My apartment mate sort of encourages his bad habits.


At least one person in this household has to have behaviourial patterns in need of rectification, chastisement, and correction. My apartment mate and myself, as well as most of the small creatures, are extraordinarily saintly.
Abstemious, blameless, and fairly Spartan.


Although I do have a drink or two occasionally, and enjoy smoking a pipe and sometimes small cigars. When she is in, I do that outside (mostly). For the next two months all smoking will have to be done outdoors, because our building is being earthquake retrofitted, and we have been advised to keep windows closed during the day to minimize dust. Normally when she's at work and I'm off, I firmly sneck her door and open up all the windows.
I will light up within minutes of her departure.


Tuesday and Wednesday are my weekend.
The weather is turning colder.
Winter is coming.



From across the street I heard the clacketty sound of Mr. Siu and his friends playing mahjong. He claims that they only do this because his visiting brother likes the game, but it seems to be a weekly thing now.
Several hours, from dinner till midnight.
Monday and Tuesday.

His brother may resemble Snidely.
Not particularly saintly.


I'll just have to make sure the little blue-faced dude doesn't go wandering over to join in. He'd play recklessly, and I would have to pay his debts.





==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

QUIET STEW

Figuring out where to have lunch some days is a bit problematic. Not today -- that's already mapped out -- but specifically Mondays and ...