Sunday, October 28, 2018

DISQUIETUDE

Many people have reacted to what happened yesterday. Eloquently, intelligently, and often painfully. There is nothing I can add, because they have done so better, irrespective of their points of political view.

Naturally I am only talking about normal people.
No, I have not read the chatroom stuff.
I already know it all.


Not all voices are equal.


I cannot formulate what I wish to say. Everything that I could write would be inadequate and tinged by anger. And there already is far too much of that.

Anger can be good. Constructive, even.
Opposition to injustice and bigotry is often fueled by anger.
It can be calm, thoughtful, and sustained.
At present it is too raw.



Post scriptum: The irony of being an angry middle aged white male at this time is not lost on me. But you do not need to read about that.
There are better things out there.
Find peace.




==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

GRUMPY MAN AT DAWN

Sometimes you wake up with a hecka chonker. And you wonder "what is this odd indentation here, and why does it smell fishy?" Then ...