Friday, October 12, 2018

CAT BAIT

While rooting through the pile near my chair I found something that I cannot remember purchasing, though at that time I probably thought it a good idea. And very tasty looking. It still looks mighty delish!
Ground fried tuna floss.


鮪魚鬆
[FUI YÜ SUNG]

The formal name for 'tuna' is 鮪魚 ("sturgeonesque fish"), but in Hong Kong it is normally called 吞拿魚 ("swallow grasp fish"), pronounced 'tan naa yü'. Which is a borrowed word. Hong Kong people regard it as a useful and mundane item in the canned food aisle, and haven't tried to turn it into casserole material. Yet. But perhaps 吞拿魚煲仔飯。
They already have 香蔥吞拿魚煎餅。
Scallion-tuna pattie.

Fish and meat floss (鬆 'sung') is often added to congee, or simply dumped on rice as a flavouring, with or without peanuts, seaweed, or potted meats.

This is a vacuum sealed package.
Expired in September 2015.

I will not open it.


What I shall do, however, is look for a replacement, at least two packets, so that in addition to letting a successor sit around way beyond the 'use by' date, I can actually have some on my rice or congee.


There's a food shop on Washington Street that probably has it. They also stock a wide variety of frozen dumplings, dried noodles, packaged small snackie things, condiments, insta coffee, and candies.
Not far from a dim sum place.
Friday lunch.
A plan.


鮪魚鬆



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

PLANS. I HAVE PLANS!

It takes about five hours for the twitchy ache in my lower legs from the amlodipine besylate to diminish sufficiently that I can sleep. I ti...