Thursday, November 16, 2023

ANIMATE SLIMEY BOB

Several years ago a friend wrote: "attempting to comprehend the workings of Atboth's mind is like Theseus venturing into the labyrinth where Atboth's brain is the Minotaur. We mortals just have to make sure we have our ball of string with us so we can find our way out again." To a certain extent, that's what my apartment mate experiences every day. She's on the spectrum, more so than myself, and not in the same direction. And, for some reason, she's fond of me. Despite my bad habits, unlikeable personality, queer eccentricities, smells, hobbies, and slobbiness.

Good lord, this place is a mess!

When I was standing on the front steps having a smoke she returned from her grocery shopping. And asked me whether I was comfortable, did I need new jammies?
Perhaps a warm bathrobe?

Erm, I've got a warm bathrobe, you gave it to me two years ago, and it has not been cold enough to get it out of the closet where it's been fermenting since the last good storm. Besides, this early in the morning I'm still sluggish, my cold sensitivity is still asleep.
ANIMATE SLIMEY BOB

Perhaps it's my affinity for animals. Her room, which is neat and clean and where I rarely go, has a score of stuffed critters. My room, which looks like an ogre's lair, also has a score of stuffed critters. And, at times, I channel for an animate slimey blob.

Animate slimey 'Bob' up there should be portrayed with a pipe, but seeing as he doesn't have pockets, there would be nowhere to put the tamper, matches, and one or two pipe cleaners which naturally he'd carry with him while puffing.

Logic, and important details.




On a different note entirely, I have no idea what I'm doing for lunch today. The only things that are certain are HK Milk Tea, sambal or Sriracha, Chinatown, and no tourists, visitors, or APEC wallahs. Plus people watching. Since taking a scunner to one chachanteng, another being closed till next month, a third one still doing the disposable plates and cutlery that they started during the pandemic, and a fourth being off-limits because the waitress offered to set me up with a friend several years ago, and three others having closed down a while back, options are somewhat limited, and I've already eaten at them this week.

And no, I don't want to go out to the avenues or Oakland.



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

HE AND SHE

When a bear raids your storage locker, he (or she) is probably looking for bacon and cheesy poofs. It stands to reason. As a smart animal, a...