Monday, March 27, 2023

MMM, BACON CHEESEBURGERS!

As was to be expected I got to my appointment with the second cardiologist for discusions of a potential peripheral angiloplasty on the lower extremities early. Nearly two hours early.
I severely over-estimated how long it would take to get there. So I walked around for a bit with a pipe in my mouth, confident that the smell of tobacco would no longer cling to me by the time I saw the doctor. In which I was right.

We had a lovely discussion, and I now have confidence that we can postpone this procedure for two or three years and possibly considerably longer. The key to staving it off is exercise and good clean habits. Seeing as I walk a lot (like many smokers in this day and age, who cannot vegetate in their easy chairs with a pipe or cheroot going for several hours at a time), and do not scarf down bacon cheeseburgers hand over fist like there is no tomorrow, I think we're positive on both counts.

He did hand me some informational material, part of which mentioned aneurisms, which are just one of the things that can go wrong with the cardiovascular system.

It was instructive. Fortunately to the best of my knowledge at this present time that ain't a factor in my future.
But it did directly lead to this illustration, which I've entitled "Thing Go Boom".


I never gave much thought to aneurisms before. Now I just can't get delicious oozy bacon cheeseburgers out of my mind. Especially because while I was snarfing down delightful dumplings (白菜豬肉水餃 'baak choi chyu yiuk seui gaau') in Chinatown afterward I saw two tourists from out-of-state leaving the restaurant, and between the two of them I think they weighed nearly six times me. Where they come from, bacon cheese burgers are probably standard breakfast lunch and dinner fare.

Washed down with a delicious strawberry lard whizzo-drink.



I'm probably judging the rest of the country wrong, but I do get the impression that they eat too much, dress funny, and smell bad there. High fat junkfood, no vegetables, and bourbon chasers.

I am so glad I do not live there.




==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

THE ROUTE ACROSS THE HILLS

It irritates me to see very large white people in Chinatown. This is probably because I am bigoted against humongous Midwestern heffalumps. ...