Wednesday, March 15, 2023

HOW GRIM

For the record, it is the considered opinion of this blogger that young Caucasians should not choose to do karaoke, as they will inevitably select crappy songs to which they can read all the words. Oh ooh oh ooh yeah oh!. Baby! Then all their friends sing along to oh ooh oh ooh, very loudly, and there is much good cheer. They should not be cheerful. They are loud, and they smell bad. And their tattoos and piercings do not look any better. Instead, may I suggest voluminous cloaks to cover their ickiness as well as shrouds over their heads?

Yes, the concept of shrouded silent young people pleases me.
I would not mind a bar filled with precisely that.


The bookseller is back from Portland, and assures me that he has laid in a stock of cheese, having made sure that there was none to mold or mildew before he left last week. As well as a baguette. So upon his return to his abode tonight, he will have a nibble. We also discussed duck, steak, venison, and other gustatory matters. A burger, wine, fries, beer, Jameson's Irish Whiskey, and for myself two hot glasses of tea because I cannot indulge in liquor.

I also have cheese in my abode. My apartment mate makes sure of that.
Allegedly because we Dutch people need it to survive.
But that's just a convenient excuse.
I smoked a different pipe than usual tonight. Seeing as things were not the same as other bar-hop evenings. The evil looking bastard in the period drama on one of the teevees at the karaoke bar also smoked a pipe. Set during the Ching Dynasty, and featuring among others a gossipy matron, an innkeeper, and a maid servant, in addition to two conspiratorial-looking individuals. I have no idea what the series is, but judging by the clothing they wore and the subtitles it was set somewhere in Northern China.

I feel I must assure you that not everyone who smokes a pipe is bastardly evil; if all you saw was this show, and you had no other exposure to pipe smokers, you might form the wrong impression. Which, as a pipe smoker, would sadden me.
I myself am far from evil, believe me.
Though slightly wicked.



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

PLANS. I HAVE PLANS!

It takes about five hours for the twitchy ache in my lower legs from the amlodipine besylate to diminish sufficiently that I can sleep. I ti...