Wednesday, March 15, 2023

INSPIRATION AND ENCOURAGEMENT

After purchasing groceries I recommended a bakery to visitors desolate because the famous egg tart place was, as usual, closed. The place I mentioned has superlative egg tarts, and I often go there because their offerings are uniformly excellent. But I myself shan't go there for several weeks, because the last time I went, when I uttered a greeting to several people, it was ignored. It may have been the weather, it might have been something said about me among the regulars, perhaps it was just all round bad temper or a mistake, or possibly a typical Toishanese pissy attitude. Whatever.
It's my turn to be grumpy about things.

I like the place very much. But I too have an attitude.
And they aren't the only game in town.


The egg tart I had with my cuppa at teatime today was not as good as the ones at the place I'm avoiding. But I had a much better time. A little friendly chit chat in a cheerful and bustling environment. And a lovely hot beverage too.


The milk tea was excellent.
It's been a remarkably busy day. Early lunch, shopping, chores, a visit to the pharmacy, teatime. The weather is considerably better than yesterday, the approaching end of the abysmally horrid weather and cold temperatures is in sight.

Chinatown has been quite enjoyable this week.
And there was sunlight today.

Pipe for smoking when one is generally not pleased
with other human beings and feels somewhat feisty.


There are of course too many people not wearing masks, on public transit, at Walgreens, or touristing in Chinatown. But by avoiding the main drags whenever possible one runs far less risk of bumping into infectious imbecils from elsewhere.

There's a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel.
That's not just miners with a dead canary.



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

THE ROUTE ACROSS THE HILLS

It irritates me to see very large white people in Chinatown. This is probably because I am bigoted against humongous Midwestern heffalumps. ...