Monday, March 13, 2023

WORLD'S MOST PERFECT SNACK

This not a paid advertisement. It is, however, an enthusiastic recommendation.

There are many things I like. Hoppity bunny rabbits, kittens, little girls, turkey vultures, crows strutting down the sidewalk, escaped pandas, disastrous weather hitting the red states, drag queen story hour, murder hornets, and fuzzy creatures.
Plus fabulous pastries.

Only one of those things can be stuck in your mouth and nom-nom-nommed.
Which is especially nice with a cup of tea in mid-afternoon.
Like sometime after lunch and pipe in C'town.
Which I did two hours ago.
Xúfú jì • hòu qiè • fènglí sū • màn yuè méi

Just made myself a cup of strong tea. And I've had TWO of the pastries. I had bought the box on a whim, seeing as I like this brand of fung lei sou (鳳梨酥), and was rather curious about cranberry flavour added to the pineapple confit. I've had the mango flavour, quite fond of them in fact. Left a box at work yesterday for the other staff to enjoy.


Hong Kong style milk tea should be brewed strong enough to grow socks off your chest.
It's a pick-me-upper that sends you back up twenty stories of bamboo scaffolding.
In the middle of a howling typhoon, for another eight hours.

You belong up there. You're a dragon.

You stud panda you.



Xufu ji is an excellent brand which I am glad I discovered. Perfectly crumbly and fresh. They have definitely become my favourite makers of Taiwanese pineapple cakes. Superlative.


==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

IN TUNE WITH WILD LIFE

That noise outside while I was drifting awake? Turned out to be the streetsweeping vehicle. Not actually an owl. But it had sounded ike an o...