Thursday, March 02, 2023

IT'S EAST OF KANSAS

A friend on the East Coast has a cat. Of which there are videos. Which replayed in my head before I woke up. I am not a cat person, but I like cats a lot. They're sort of human, except they are four-footed, furry, and psychopathic. The only real point of difference is that their chosen foods are usually rather nasty-smelling.

This cat was giving instructions on how to make a quick Sichuanese noodle dish in heavily accented Mandarin. And kept emphasizing that particularly fatty pork mince was preferable, as otherwise it would sweat too much water while frazzling. One wanted an oiliness.
Especially after adding the pickled vegetables.
He stressed this.

Cats do not have opposable thumbs. So I wondered how on earth it wielded the cleaver and the ladle with such dexterity. Or measured the soy sauce and sesame paste so precisely into the bowls.

Garlic, Sichuan pepper, star anise, rice wine, soy sauce, sesame paste.
Fatty minced pork, salt press chilied brassica.
For crunchiness.
Fortunately I woke up before everything went clattering to the kitchen floor. But I would have loveded to have tasted the finished dish. It looked amazing.


Surprisingly, there was no dried fish in it at all.
I would have thought that there would be.

Maybe cats don't like dried fish?
That surprises me.



==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

SAN FRANCISCO IS TOO DANGEROUS!

A few years ago, my regular care physician and I had an informative talk about kangkong (ipomoea aquatica), sidetracking from my tobacco use...