Sunday, September 29, 2019

DON'T GO THERE LAST

Great line from a crime series: "even in Los Angeles there is no place to hide". But why go to Los Angeles in the first place? I've been there. I was born there. Well, actually in Hawthorne General Hospital which may no longer exist. After revisiting the Los Angeles area upon my return to the States at the age of eighteen, I could understand why we left.
Los Angeles and its environs are pretty ghastly.

Some people love the place.

I've heard that you can breathe there now.

No, I shan't be putting that assertion to the test.


I have a hard time remaining polite and courteous to folks who insist on telling me at great length why they love Los Angeles. What I really want to say is "oh please shut up, you're obviously a shallow airheaded dingbat".


When tourists say that what they really like about San Francisco is that is so very "European", what they mean is that it is NOT like Los Angeles.
Where they were last week.




==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

PLANS. I HAVE PLANS!

It takes about five hours for the twitchy ache in my lower legs from the amlodipine besylate to diminish sufficiently that I can sleep. I ti...