Tuesday, September 17, 2019

A DANGEROUS SHORTNESS

It is obvious that I do not watch enough television. Not only do I fail at sports references in conversation, but today several people on my Facebook feed posted stuff that related to popular shows. Slim consolation: didn't get the Dungeons & Dragons jokes either. I am out of touch with disreality.

Yeah, kinda proud of that.

The television in the backroom at work has been on all day everyday. Not to news broadcasts or animal planet. The most teevee I've watched this year was when I was in the hospital. First time: animals acting like beasts, with a Greek chorus of moaning in the background from the demented woman in the next room unhappy about her surroundings. Second time: five days of post-appendectomy watching Hong Kong news, and a really fun Hong Kong investment and stockreport show, with a young woman repeatedly proving to her co-host that he was defective and needed to read stuff. He kept looking ever more dejected with each zinger that came out of her mouth. It probably detracted from the ticker going across the bottom, which may have kept the audience glued to the screen. It certainly kept me watching with interest; he epitomized doofusness at the end of each episode. Something not obvious at the start, when he looked neat and professional with his pressed white shirt, dark coat, and tie. Clearly "an expert".

Maybe she was meant to be eye-candy, but she totally rocked the show.


A huge number of people on television need to be taken down several pegs by a smart-aleck brainy young woman who is not impressed.
Smart-aleck brainy women are always fun to listen to.

Go ahead, Johnny, say something.

I want to hear her cut you.


Job environments and social situations are also vastly improved by smart-aleck brainy women. The history of the world would have been better if there had been more of them.


Of course, there are drawbacks. I've noticed that when doctors 'X' and 'Y' take my bloodpressure, it's now normal or even slightly below.
That's the medication doing what it's supposed to do.

When nurse 'Z' does it, it is still too high.

When she measured my height for the file, she missed two inches.
I may have shrunk in her presence.

Oh by the way: she's much shorter than me.
She was relying on devices. Had to.
Maybe it's my knees.

Say something.




==========================================================================
NOTE: Readers may contact me directly:
LETTER BOX.
All correspondence will be kept in confidence.
==========================================================================

No comments:

Search This Blog

THIS POST ISN'T ABOUT WOMEN

There are several artists rolling over in their graves right now. One or two aren't dead yet, but never mind. Rolling. Among them Frank ...